What do you think of when you hear the term “family law attorney”? Chances are you think about marital discord leading to divorce. While family law attorneys can help with that, they can do so much more to help you and your family.
Reasons You Need a Family Law Attorney
Family law encompasses legal responsibilities between individuals who share a domestic connection. Cases typically involve people who are related by marriage or blood. The nature of these cases is often emotionally-charged, so it’s often urged that you seek legal counsel if you are involved in a family law case.
There are different types of cases that a family law attorney can assist you with, including:
- Adoption – Adopting a child is an exciting step for your family to take and can occur under a variety of circumstances. Each state has its own laws and rules about adoption. To ensure that the process is done correctly and to avoid any delays, you should seek legal counsel from a family law attorney.
- Guardianship – Legal guardianship occurs when sole care and responsibility of personal decisions for a child or minor is awarded to an individual or individuals. Much like adoption, seeking guardianship can be a very tricky process. Trusting a family law attorney can help make the process go much smoother for you.
- Child Custody – Going through a divorce when you are a parent can be a very difficult subject. Consider having a family law attorney on your side to help walk you through the process and provide support. They can help you navigate the different types of custody and assist you with setting visitation schedules with your former spouse.
- Termination of Parental Rights – Termination of parental rights can be done voluntarily or involuntarily and it often goes hand-in-hand with the adoption process. A family law attorney can help you better understand what this means and walk you through the process.
- Divorce – Divorce is never easy, and there are many state laws and moving parts involved. It can be an overwhelming process. A family law attorney will be by your side every step of the way. They can ensure your rights are protected while you navigate making decisions about assets, child support, and alimony.
Choose the Family Law Attorney That’s Right for You
Simon Law Group, PLLC, has the knowledge, experience, and expertise to assist you with your family law needs. They have represented husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, grandparents, and other close family members in a variety of family law matters. To learn more about how our family law attorney team can help you, contact us today.