- Experience. When it comes to assessing and investigating a personal injury claim, experience is everything – never underestimate its value. Hiring a personal injury lawyer who not only knows what to look for and where to look for it, but also understands all of the different factors that will play into your case is something that can make all the difference.
Since each state has its own specific laws and/or standards surrounding negligence, causation, contributory negligence, statue of limitations, assumption of the risk and more, having a personal injury lawyer who is well versed and experienced in all of these unique, and often complicated issues is integral to your case. Before making any hiring decisions, always be sure to ask potential attorneys:
- About similar cases they’ve handled.
- Their success rates, although not a guarantee of future results.
- Whether they are prepared to take the case to trial if needed.
- Reputation. An attorney’s reputation plays into more than just what their previous clients think about them – it also can have a huge role in how quickly (and fairly) your case is resolved. From their previous dealings with insurance companies and other lawyers, to how the court in which they practice views them, a personal injury lawyer’s reputation is important. If you are aware of an attorney’s reputation when making hiring decisions, it puts you, as their client, in the best situation to recover as much as you deserve.
- Objectivity. If you aren’t hiring an objective lawyer for your personal injury claim, you are upping your chances of being stuck with an attorney who will likely settle your case too quickly in order to move on to the next client. Plain and simple, objectivity cannot be understated when it comes to being compensated for your injuries.
- Personality. Personal injury cases are just that – personal. So, while you aren’t going to be hiring an attorney based off of whether or not the two of you are going to be best friends, it’s important that you make sure you choose someone who will be there for you. From being available to answer your questions and giving you status updates on your case, to returning your calls in a reasonable time, their personality matters.
- Focus. Since personal injury cases are hardly ever clear-cut, having a lawyer who has the unique skills to hone in on which details are most important to your case, and then how to use them, can make all the difference in getting you the compensation you are entitled to.
With over 30 years of experience, Simon Law Group and our talented, experienced and dedicated Tempe personal injury lawyers and staff enjoy an excellent reputation with our clients, as well as the insurance industry, because of our thoroughness, integrity, honesty, and professionalism. Call us today at 480-745-2450 or click on “Contact Our Firm” to learn how you can get a free and confidential consultation.]]>